About Social Learning
The basis of social learning theory is simple: People learn by watching other people. Social Learning is an effective way to train your employees through modeling positive behaviors. It is a great way to promote cohesion and involvement as it builds a culture of learning.
About this Course
With the Social Learning course, participants will be creating learning communities that benefit every aspect of your organization. They will learn new behaviors through observation and modeling and be instilled with a passion for learning.
Social Learning Course Outline
1. Getting Started
2. Setting the Right Group Dynamic (I)
3. Setting the Right Group Dynamic (II)
4. Develop a Social Learning Culture at Work (I)
5. Develop a Social Learning Culture at Work (II)
6. Develop a Social Learning Culture at Work (III)
7. Role Playing (I)
8. Role Playing (II)
9. Utilizing the Right Tools (I)
10. Utilizing the Right Tools (II)
11. Modeling and Observational Learning
12. Wrapping Up
About LMS Portals
At LMS Portals, we provide our clients and partners with a SaaS-based, multi-tenant Learning Management System that allows you to launch and manage any number or private learning environments (portals) to support multiple unique training audiences. Each portal you launch includes a Rapid Course Development engine, along with the support tools you need for user onboarding, learning path management, certificate generation, analytics, and more.
We also offer a Corporate Training Library of more than 130 comprehensive courses for workplace training and employee development.