Adding New Courses to Your LMS Portal
Note: You must first create a Category for a new Course before you can save it.
1. After logging in as the Portal Administrator, choose Courses from the left-hand navigation
2. From the upper-right of the Courses window, select Add New Course
The Course Adding Form appears to allow you to first add the basic course information
3. Add the Course Title, along with a short and long Course Descriptions
4. From the dropdown boxes, choose a Category and Sub-category for the course
then choose a Course Level.
Your can also feature this course of your portal Home Page by checking the Top Course box.
5. Click the right arrow (above) to move onto the Requirements section
6. Use the box to add any Requirements a student should meet before taking the course
Click the "+" box to include additional requirements
7. Click the right arrow (above) to move onto the Outcomes section
8. Use the box to describe the Outcomes a student should expect from the course
Click the "+" box to include additional Outcomes
8. Click the right arrow (above) to move onto the Media section
9. Use the dropdown box to choose the Media type for the course primer and add a Thumbnail for the course
10. Click the right arrow (above) to move onto the Finish section
11. Click the Submit button (above) to save your course
Note: Your course has a Pending status until you choose to mark it as Active from the Courses page
Now that you have completed the basic information for your Course, you can start to build your course content and quizzes